Our Commitment to a Healthy Southington
Watch our new commercial!
Healthy Family FunFest draws about 3,500
HHC plans to create a new Family Health Center to provide needed primary care and other non-emergency health services at 462 Queen St.
Hartford HealthCare (HHC) is committed to providing high-quality care and services to the Southington community. We are developing a plan with the community to expand access to care, and the Bradley Memorial campus is a key component of this plan.
Working together, we can best provide the most appropriate health care services and programs at the Bradley Memorial campus.
Look here for regular updates.
- Mar. 2015: Special Procedures Unit: Expertise and convenience
- Feb. 2015: Healthy Family FunFest Sunday, Feb. 22
- Jan. 2015: Hospital provides $2,500 sponsorship to Southington Library
- Dec. 2014: Emergency medicine and Southington: A perfect fit for Dr. Eric Hobert
- Nov. 2014: The Bradley ER: Building a Healthy Southington, 24x7
- Oct. 2014: Inaugural Issue
- Dec. 04: Healthy Aging
(Meriden Record-Journal editorial by Trish Walden)
- Nov. 16: A Commitment - In Partnership with Southington
(Meriden Record-Journal editorial by Lucille Janatka)
- Sep. 22: HHC’s commitment to a healthy Southington
(Letter to Southington Residents from Lucille Janatka)
- Feb. 19: Healthy Family FunFest on track, regardless of weather
- Feb. 16: Healthy Family FunFest to include health screenings
- Feb. 9: Healthy Family FunFest showcases "Aging Well"
- Feb. 6: Healthy Family FunFest seeks youth volunteers for Feb. 22 event
- Feb 3: Healthy Family FunFest features fun for children
- Dec. 22: Hospital provides $2,500 sponsorship to Southington Library
- Oct. 29: Southington Surgery Center exceeds expected number of surgeries in first month; Community open house held Oct. 29
- Sep. 3: HHC Provides More Time for Decisions on Bradley
- Aug. 6: HHC details plan for a “New Bradley”
Check out these new health-related books at Southington library!
Many new health-related books are lining the shelves of Southington Library. Among the library’s many health collections purchased and now available through a $2,500 sponsorship by The Hospital of Central Connecticut Bradley Memorial campus are these books (scroll to see the whole list):
- The Autoimmune Solution: Prevent and Reverse the Full Spectrum of Inflammatory Symptoms and Diseases by May Myers, MD
- The Brain’s Way of Healing: Remarkable Discoveries and Recoveries from the Frontiers of Neuroplasticity by Norman Doidge
- The Conversation: A revolutionary Plan for End-of-Life Care by Angelo E. Volandes, MD
- The DASH Diet Younger You: Shed 20 Years -- and Pounds -- in Just 10 Weeks by Marla Heller
- The Diabetes Solution: How to Control Type 2 Diabetes and Reverse Prediabetes Using Simple Diet and Lifestyle Changes — with 100 Recipes by Jorges Rodriguez, MD
- Encyclopedia of Exercise Anatomy by Hollis Liebman
- The Evil Hours: A Biography of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder by David Morris
- The Fatigue Solution: Increase Your Energy in Eight Easy Steps by Eva Cwynar, MD
- Fix My Shoulder: A Guide to Preventing and Healing from Injury and Strain by George Demirakos
- How to Age by Anne Karpf
- How to Think About Exercise by Damon Young
- It Takes a Family: A Cooperative Approach to Lasting Sobriety by Debra Jay
- Losing Tim: How Our Health and Education Systems Failed My Son with Schizophrenia by Paul Gionfriddo
- The Man Who Couldn’t Stop: OCD and the True Story of a Life Lost in Thought by David Adam
- The Man Who Touched His Own Heart: True Tales of Science, Surgery, and Mystery by Rob Dunn
- The Meaty Truth: Why Our Food is Destroying Our Health and Environment and Who is Responsible by Shushana Castle
- The Microbiome Diet: The Scientifically Proven Way to Restore Your Gut Health and Achieve Permanent Weight Loss by Raphael Kellman, MD
- The New Health Rules: Simple Changes to Achieve Whole-Body Wellness by Frank Lipman, MD
- Passionate Nutrition: A Guide to Using Food as Medicine from a Nutritionist Who Healed Herself from the Inside Out by Jennifer Adler
- The Rockstar Remedy: A Rock & Roll Doctor’s Prescription for Living a Long, Healthy Life by Gabrielle Francis and Stacy Baker
- Sane New World: A User’s Guide to the Normal-Crazy Mind by Ruby Wax
- Watch Your Back!: How the Back Pain Industry is Costing Us More and Giving Us Less … and What You Can Do to Inform and Empower Yourself in Seeking Treatment by Richard A. Deyo, MD
- What to Expect When You’re Expecting by Heidi Murkoff and Sharon Mazel
- What to Expect When Your Wife Is Expanding: A Reassuring Month-by-Month Guide for the Father-to-Be, Whether He Wants Advice or Not by Thomas Hill
- Women, Food, and Desire: Embrace Your Cravings, Make Peace with Food, Reclaim Your Body by Alexandra Jamieson
- Yoga for Cancer: A Guide to Managing Side Effects, Boosting Immunity, and Improving Recovery for Cancer Survivors by Tari Prinster
|Bradley Community Advisory Council|